Details on Individual Workshops
Building the capacity of the Personal Project Supervisor
- Unpacking the Role of the supervisor - to support the student and the co-ordinator
- The project objectives from the student and supervisor perspectives.
- Maximising support from the supervisor for student goal writing with the global contexts.
- Demonstration of & identification of Approaches to Learning.
Libraries in a Global context
- Exploring wider cultural values globally, nationally, school & library
- What type of culture is your library a reflection of?
- Purpose of the school library
- Evaluating our own personal and professional context and how that impacts on policies, procedures & development.
- What are the Library and librarian capabilities?
- How Strategic planning can change the direction you are heading.
- Authenticity & diversity in publishing, and our school libraries
- Moving beyond the single story
- Exploring Personal cognitive bias
- Reaching beyond your comfort zone - how to connect and learn on a global scale.
Teaching through Inquiry in the library and beyond
- What is inquiry
- What does inquiry look like for the learner?
- Creating and developing inquiry activities that are engaging
- Developing effective questions - big, hard, factual, debatable, conceptual
Connected learning & leadership
- Being strategic in one's personal learning journey
- Taking that learning to be leading the learning and moving into best practise with students, colleagues & peers.
- Best practise in curation
Developing policies and procedures in context
- The purpose of your library
- Exploring customer driven focus
- Writing & developing policy
- Knowledge management techniques
- Developing a budget from your library policy and vice versa
Developing citizens in the virtual and physical world
- exploring citizenship as a concept & context
- examining digital citizenship
- moving students beyond citizens into leaders
- developing school wide practice that enhances learning
Understanding Copyright, Fair Use, Creative Commons, Public Domain
- Copyright a brief history, what it is and what it means
- Examining Public Domain and what falls under this category
- Fair Use and the definitions needed to be considered
- Effectively using and teaching about Creative Commons
Using primary sources across the curriculum
- How to teach what is a primary source
- Effective analysis of primary sources using inquiry
- Examples of using primary sources across the curriculum
- Where to locate primary sources